Monday 19 April 2010

Update - Late April

Paper work is going well, I have quite a few positions and pieces for the old man character and lots of tiny paper jars. I have found a reasonably sized cardboard box to build the shop in and I've made some of the shelf units and the door. I have though a lot about how the counter will be (one pieces of flat paper, or a folded pieces with a surface top) and how the shop front will appear when animated. I have intested in a high quality camera over the easter holiday and I have been looking more at After Effects. Animating the level segments is not going so well, Flash does not alow the colour to behave as I would like because it is vector. I have also tried using some other animating programmes like Pencil which is simple and effective but crashes a lot. Traditional media has also proven largely unsuccessful so far, I tried making a flip book of the swimming boy but I was going about it the wrong way. I am still enthusiastic to try more at all of these areas and make something that works. Since making my site rosieball.com I am keen to see how I can mold the sweet land page to become my portfolio for assesment. As for a showreel the shelf unit experiment from the previous post could be used for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment