Thursday 23 September 2010

Norwich: Then and Now

I walked through a small exhibition in Castle Mall the other day of photographs from around Norwich in the past (not exactly sure on which era) but some of the shop photographs were great. I managed to record some of them for my reference collection, but regretfully found out little about the exhibit.

I still haven't figured out where these places were/are in Norwich but I think this one may be near Anglia Square or Tombland?










On my way home I photographed the shops/bars opposite John Lewis too














I am noticing patterns in the design for shops, but each are unique. Each has its own number of windows, with different styles, and most interestingly they are all slightly different heights. These are things I will try to remember when drawing shops and street scenes for my introduction animation.

1 comment:

  1. The one showing Marston & Co. Brush Manufacturers is St. Georges St I think. The half-timbered house at the end of the street is too distinctive. The rest of the street looks as though it has been completely rebuilt.

    ReplyDelete