Friday 10 December 2010

Sylvain Chomet Revisted

Now that I am working on my storyboard for the intro animation I thought it would be good to look at Sylvain Chomet again, having last looked at him so long ago it doesn't even appear on this blog! This time I have been looking at some of his earlier work and remembering The Illusionist which I saw in Autumn.

This is a screenshot from
'La Vieille Dame et Les Pigeons'
(1998)

This early work is much less refined, but are expressive in some ways. Taking most interest in the street scenes, this one is beautiful -  appearing washed out but containing so many colours.



The Illusionist was set in Scotland (where Chomet's current studio is) but in the past, and in London - both rainy and foggy and bleak. There were wonderful street scenes here too, so much to take in.

No comments:

Post a Comment